Language & Behavior
What is the LAB Profile®?
Every day, in every situation, people communicate through their own thinking and motivation patterns. As humans, we respond immediately when someone “speaks our language” to communicate with us in return.
The Language and Behavior Profile (LAB Profile®) is a way of thinking about people and groups that allows us to notice and respond with just the right Influencing Language. It’s tailored to each situation and structured to allow us to understand:
how people get motivated
how they process information, and
how they make decisions
It is a set of questions that anyone can feed into casual conversation or use as a formal survey for groups and it teaches us to pay attention to how people talk when they answer, rather than what they talk about. Even if a person answers the question indirectly, or not at all, he or she will reveal a pattern. As we become familiar with the questions and the kind of responses people give, we discover the patterns people use without having to actually ask the questions. You pay attention to how people talk when they answer, rather than what they talk about. Even when a person does not answer the question directly, he will reveal his pattern by the manner in which he answers.
As you become familiar with the questions and the kind of responses people give, you will find that you can hear and pick up the patterns people use without having to actually ask the questions. You can immediately use the Influencing Language that is just right for the situation. People communicate with their particular patterns naturally as they speak, both in words and in their body language, and they respond immediately when you use their language.
Who Uses It?
Many people and organisations on five continents are now using these tools to:
- establish a deep level of rapport and communicate effectively with anyone
- take the pain out of implementing organisational change
- shorten the sales cycle and guarantee customer satisfaction
- hire people who are motivated to perform
- dramatically improve results in negotiation and litigation
- adapt training and education programs to satisfy diverse needs
- increase self knowledge and self esteem
- simplify career counselling and professional coaching
- create high performance teams by managing peoples’ strengths instead of suffering from their weaknesses.
What’s in the LAB Profile®?
- the 6 Motivation Triggers that people need to get excited about something
- the 8 Working Traits that describe how people process information, environments they need to be productive, their response to stress and how they get convinced
- how to discover the patterns for an individual or group
- using the appropriate Influencing Language for maximum impact
- irresistible language
- how to apply this tool to any communication context
In this program we will be covering the LAB Profile® Patterns such as:
- Identify people’s values and criteria to know what is really important to them
- Understand how to speak to people who want to avoid problems vs. those who prefer a goal orientation
- Increase your impact with people who decide for themselves and those influenced by external factors
- Solve conflicts between those who prefer to create alternatives vs. those who follow a step-by-step procedure
- Identify the language needed to reduce resistance to change
Maximise your language & behavior
- Know the power of certain words and phrases
- Predict people’s behaviour from the language they use
- Understand how situations affect people’s motivation and behaviour
- Avoid making mistakes, recover from bloopers, blunders and faux pas
Use Questions to Uncover Motivation Triggers
- Diagnose motivation patterns from the language people use
- Read between the lines in communications you receive
- Determine how to reduce resistance to change
- Identify who’s best at what on your team
Use Influencing Language to maximise your Impact
- Discover the “Words that Change Minds”
- Communicate with culturally diverse groups
- Learn how to pry open mental space in even the most closed of minds
- Establish a deep level of rapport and communicate effectively with anyone
- Shorten the sales cycle and guarantee customer satisfaction
- Hire people who are motivated to perform
- Design powerful marketing and advertising campaigns